The Travel Office Local Adventures Scholarship
About Our Scholarship
We are a family-owned business and regard travel, excursions, and entertainment as an integral component in strengthening communities, helping cities financially prosper, and creating a friendly and inviting environment for everyone to enjoy.
Many people live in or visit cities without engaging in its history, its culture, its entertainment or adventures. Having easy information for events and travel opportunities for locals and visitors alike, inspire people to experience the city as they wouldn’t have before. Opportunities like these support financial growth, tourism, and a friendly, community atmosphere.
Students living in a new city may be experiencing new attractions, culture, and traditions. We’d love to hear their stories so far and are offering a scholarship to one undergraduate student which best highlights their city.
The scholarship award is for $1000.
Who is Eligible?
- All applicants must be enrolled, or due to be enrolled, as a full-time student at an accredited college or university for the semester they are applying to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants are not required to have a minimum GPA.
- Domestic, international, and undocumented students may apply.
Required Application Details
Please write a 1,000-1,500 word essay answering the following questions:
- Since starting your studies, how have your explored your new environment?
- If you are studying locally, how has your view of your city changed since starting college?
- How can being engaged in a city’s conversation promote a sense of community?
- How do you currently find entertainment local to you?
Please provide proof of enrollment in an accredited college or university. A transcript, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted.
Please submit the scholarship using the form below.
How To Apply
Please complete the form with the following information to apply: The Travel Office Local Adventures Scholarship
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- College or University Name
- College or University Mailing Address
- Proof of Enrollment – Transcripts, tuition receipt, or acceptance letter will be accepted. Please submit as .jpeg, .pdf, or .doc
- Essay answering above questions. (Please submit as .pdf or .doc)
- Confirmation and acceptance of terms and conditions
All applications must be submitted by October 15, 2018. A winner will be selected and notified by October 30, 2018.
Additional Scholarship Details
- Winning candidate will be selected by a panel of judges from the Travel Office.
- Scholarship is available on a yearly basis and is non-renewable.
- Any questions about The Travel Office Local Adventures Scholarship can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The scholarship award provided by the Travel Office will be sent by check to the winning candidate’s college or university. Funds are to be applied to qualified college expenses (including tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board) for the current academic year.
By submitting an application, the applicant automatically grants the Travel Office permission to post the applicant’s name, college, photo (if submitted), and essay on traveloffice.org or in other marketing communications, even if the candidate does not win the scholarship. We are also granted permission to call and/or send you information regarding your application.
Once a winner has been selected and announced, we will destroy all sensitive information relating to the applicant.
We will remove any information pertaining to the student at the student’s request.
Terms & Conditions
All submitted photos, videos, and essays must be original work of the applicant. Only one submission may be entered per student, per year. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. All scholarships are non-renewable. By submitting an application to The Travel Office Local Adventures Scholarship, you certify that all the information you have provided is original, accurate, and complete.
The applicant automatically grants the Travel Office, its agents and/or representatives permission to:
- Use their name, photo, essay response, and award amount, if any, in announcements or articles (i.e. social media, newsletter, etc) issued by the Travel Office.
- Post the applicant’s name, college or university, video, and essay on traveloffice.org website.
- Call and/or send information to the applicant regarding their application.
- Winners will be notified via email, and announced publicly, as well as on the Travel Office social media pages.
We are a family-owned, operated and women-led company passionate about the city we live in.
We promote travel, events, excursions and many opportunities to explore this wonderful place and find in doing so we are inspiring adventure, financial prosperity and a sense of community.