Unfortunately, if you’re looking for a casino in Branson (or nearby in the surrounding area) – you’re going to have a tough time finding one… there aren’t any.
While there has been much debate at the local and state level, it doesn’t appear that they will be making their way to the area anytime soon. Recent statewide legislation prohibits the possibility of any casinos coming to town and hindered further developments of them in the state of Missouri.
However, if you are looking to visit one – there are several that you may pass on your way into town.
Casinos in Missouri
If you’re traveling from the North into Branson, there are several casinos located throughout the state.
- St. Louis – with several to choose from, the area is a popular spot for gamblers looking to play. This east-side city features large boats like Harrah’s, and Ameristar amongst others. It’s approximately a 3-4 hour drive from town.
- Kansas City – like St. Louis this city on the western side of the state also features several riverboats offering up slot machines, poker, and other table games. Although on the opposite side of the state, it is also just a 3-4 hour drive.
- Joplin – while technically in the state of Oklahoma, Downstream Casino is one of the most recent additions to gambling near town. This is possibly the most visited place for visitors as it sits just a short drive outside of town. Drive-time from the area is about 2 hours and can be easily accessed via I-44.
Gambling in Arkansas
Because of the strict regulations on gambling within the state, there are few options to choose from.
- West Memphis – the town features a racetrack in addition to electronic games and sits about 5 hours south of town. Traveling there is not as direct as the Missouri venues because of the winding roads and mountains that you must travel in order to get there.
Bordering the west side of the state, Oklahoma offers dozens of tribe-operated casinos where you can try your luck.
- Salisaw & Miami – these two cities feature some of the most-visited by those visiting Branson as they lie against the state lines. Driving to these properties will take anywhere from 2-4 hours depending on which city you visit.
Accessible from almost any direction traveled
No matter where you’re traveling from, if you’re looking to gamble a bit before visiting or on your way home, these casinos provide everything you might expect from world-class gambling facilities.