One of the country’s most popular amusement and theme parks, Silver Dollar City is the most popular attraction in Branson, Missouri – and here’s the ultimate guide to help you make the most of your visit!
From humble beginnings with sightseeing tours of Marvel Cave in the 1800s, Silver Dollar City has transformed itself into one of the top tourist attractions in the state of Missouri – welcoming millions of visitors each year!
Visitors are transported back in time to the 1880s with appropriate setting, costumes, decor, and characters from the era – but also accompanied by world-class rides and roller coasters, stores and shops, LIVE concerts and entertainment, festivals, and some of the most delicious food to be found in Branson!
To help you with your visit to the park, we’ve put together the most comprehensive and detailed guide to the park you’ll find… The Ultimate Guide to Silver Dollar City!
The Ultimate Guide to Silver Dollar City
1. Silver Dollar City Hours
Open March through December, Silver Dollar City provides plenty of opportunities throughout the year to experience the world-famous theme and amusement park.
While park times vary by day and season (including special Moonlight Madness dates in the summer where the park is open until midnight), the park’s schedule and operating hours ensures visitors have the greatest chance of visiting the park during their vacation.
For a current list of hours and operating times, check out this year’s Silver Dollar City schedule.
2. Tickets, Prices, & Passes
Visitors have several different options to choose from when it comes to Silver Dollar City’s ticket options and passes for visiting.
All of the ticket options include admission to the park, rides and roller coasters, stores and shops, festivals, concerts, and events.
Give you admission to the park for one day.
(through early fall you can receive the next day FREE if you visit after 3:00 pm too!)
Give you admission to the park for two days
Moonlight Madness Tickets:
Give you admission to “Moonlight Madness” days during the summer months at a special discounted price.
To get any of these tickets, call toll-free 1 (800) 504-0115 or visit our Silver Dollar City page.
3. Rides & Roller Coasters
As one of the world’s leading amuseument parks, Silver Dollar City has dozens of rides, roller coasters, and attractions to experience during your visit – all included with your admission!
With something for every age, you’ll have trouble fitting it all into your day in one visit!
Roller Coasters at Silver Dollar City
- Time Traveler: A brand-new $28 million roller coaster that is the fastest, steepest, and tallest of its kind in the world!
- Wildfire: Speed up to 66 mph as you twist, loop, and turn through the Ozark Mountains!
- Up the Ladder: A tower ride and drop for the younger ones visiting!
- Thunderation: The iconic wooden roller coaster that speeds up to 48 mph!
- The Giant Barn Swing: A 70′ tall swinging ride that zooms up to 45 mph!
- PowderKeg: Shoot from 0 to 53 mph in under 3 seconds!
- Outlaw Run: The famous world record-setting wooden coaster!
- Mighty Galleon: Swing along a pendulum at 40′ in the air!
- Fire in the Hole: The legendary indoor roller coaster!
- American Plunge: Splash down 50′ in this water coaster!
- Grand Exposition Coaster: A fun coaster for the younger kids!
- Lost River of the Ozarks: A whitewater-style water ride!
Silver Dollar City Rides & Attractions
- Electro Spin: Rock back and forth up to 50′ in the air!
- Elephant March: Great for the littler kids!
- Fire Spotter: Spin ’round in these soaring balloons!
- Fire Wagon Frenzy: All aboard the wagon for a bumpy ride!
- FireFall: Experience an 80′ drop above the fire station!
- FireHouse Play Place: Soft play balls, tunnels, and play place!
- FireHouse Splash Yard: Let the kids cool off with water shooting above and below them!
- Fireman’s Flyer: A fun swing-style ride for the younger ones!
- Frisco Silver Dollar Line Steam Train: All aboard the iconic train ride through Silver Dollar City!
- Grandfather’s Mansion: Reality is turned upside down in this interactive playhouse!
- Half Dollar Holler: Nets and buildings are there for the kids to explore!
- Homestead Animal Barnyard: Get up-close with the animals!
- Ladybugs: A can’t miss ride for the young ones traveling!
- Magnificent Wave Carousel: A giant carousel equipped with swings that rises 40′!
- Marvel Cave: The iconic cave that began Silver Dollar City!
- Racing Regatta: A ship race the kids will love!
- River Blast: Hop on board or shoot from the shore in this fun attraction!
- Royal Tea Party: The famous spinning tea cups!
- Swinging Bridge: Traverse the wooden bridge that swings as you walk!
- The Flooded Mine: Great for all ages, this shootout tracks and scores your shots!
- High-Low Silos: Pull yourself up (and down) this fun ride!
- Wings of Wonder: Little ones can climb aboard and ride the butterflies!
4. Trailblazer (Fast Pass)
Available at the park, you can purchase the Trailblazer (Fast Pass) that lets you skip to the front of the line at some of the park’s most popular rides and roller coasters.
With options that vary from $40 – $165, this is a great add-on for those wanting to make the most of their time at the amusement park (or ride a lot of rides)!
5. Shows & Concerts
In addition to the rides and attractions, Silver Dollar City hosts some incredible world-class shows and LIVE entertainment throughout the year!
With performances taking place throughout the park (from Fireman’s Landing to the Echo Hollow Amphitheatre) – there’s always something going on no matter what time of year you’re visiting.
This year’s line-up of shows include:
- March 14 – October 27: Homestead Pickers – country and bluegrass favorites
- March 14 – October 27: Meet Lucky The Rescue Dog©
- March 14 – October 27: Opening ceremony honoring our nation’s Veterans
- March 14 – October 27: Schoolmarm’s History Lessons – learn about school life in the 1800s
- March 14 – October 27: Incredible LIVE shows throughout the park
- April 11 – October 27: Roots and Koontz – saloon comedy show
- April 11 – October 27: Street Troupe – hilarious antics in an open-stage setting
- April 14 – October 21: Hits from the Hollow – the famous night show at Echo Hollow Amphitheatre
- May 3 – October 27: Sons of the Silver Dollar – vocal group performing country, bluegrass, & gospel
- May 4 – October 28: Horsecreek Band – Country, bluegrass, and gospel music
- May 29 – October 27: Cajun Connection – led by Cedric Benoit!
- June 9 – August 4: Championship Cloggers – during Moonlight Madness and Star-Spangled Summer
- June 9 – August 5: Cupcake Eating Contest – fun for everyone!
- June 9 – August 13: Half Dollar Holler Storytelling
- July 21-28: Chris Ruggiero – the incredible juggler and entertainer
- July 21 – August 5: Fireworks Finale Each Night of Moonlight Madness
- July 21 – August 5: Moonlight Madness Town Square Street Dance
- July 28: Members Only – the hit 80s tribute cover band
- July 29 – August 5: Taylor Hughes’ comedy and magic show
- August 4: The Mixtapes – 90s cover band
- August 6-19: Chris Stanley’s magic and comedy show
- August 29: America’s Largest Hymn Sinh
- September 7: FireFall – country music stars perform
- September 8: Steve Wariner – performs your favorite songs
- September 9: Sawyer Brown – performs their biggest hits
- September 12 – October 27: Barn Dance – returns once again!
- September 12-30: Native American Village – crafts display and demonstrations
- September 12-30: The Farnum Family – bluegrass, gospel, and country
- September 12 – October 14: Wild West Show – performs its final year!
- October 3-17: Faith’s Journey – gospel vocal group!
- October 3-17: Kent Rollins’ cowboy stories and cooking
- October 3-27: The Hanson Family – western and swing musical group!
- October 6-26: An Evening on the Trail with Buck Taylor & Kent Rollins
- October 24-27: Spoken 4 Quartet – performs their favorite gospel
- November 3 – December: A Dicken’s Christmas Carol – the famous stage production!
- November 3 – December: Christmas on Main Street – with the lighting of the 50′ tree!
- November 3 – December: Christmas on the Bayou – led by Cedric Benoit!
- November 3 – December: Frontier Fa-La-La Follies – singing, dancing, music, and comedy!
- November 3 – December: Holiday Hearthside Harmonies – fireside music and stories!
- November 3 – December: It’s a Wonderful Life – LIVE stage production!
- November 3 – December: Rudolph’s Christmas Town – meet and greet the famous characters!
- November 3 – December: Christmas Parade!
- November 3 – December: Visit Santa!
- November 3 – December: The Living Nativity!
- November 3 – December: Tinker Junior’s Toy Shop – the 12′ tree comes to life!
- November 3 – December: Tracy Heaston – sings his favorite holiday songs!
- March 14 – December: Wilderness Church Sunday morning services
Throughout the year Silver Dollar City is home to some of the country’s most popular and beloved festivals!
Free for all guests, these special festivities and activities give you even more things to do while you’re visiting!
Festivals at Silver Dollar City
- Moonlight Madness: Runs July 21 – August 5 and allows guests to experience nighttime fun at the theme park!
- Southern Gospel Picnic: Runs August 23 – September 3 and features incredible gospel music and Southern food!
- National Crafts & Cowboy Festival: Runs September 12 – October 27 and celebrates the Cowboy and wild west!
- An Old Time Christmas: Runs November 3 – December and celebrates the Christmas season unlike anything you’ve ever seen!
- The Festival of Wonder: Runs during the Spring and celebrates the arts and artists of our world!
- Bluegrass & BBQ: Runs during the month of May and features world-class bluegrass and delicious BBQ!
- Star-Spangled Summer: Takes place during the Summer and celebrates America!
7. Silver Dollar City Pacakages
If you’re looking to visit the park and stretch those vacation dollars, then you’ll want to be sure to check out our Silver Dollar City Vacation Packages!
Included with the packages are 2-Day passes to the park, lodging, free attraction tickets, discounts, coupons, and much more!
8. Coupons, Deals, Discounts, & Specials
While it’s rare to find coupons or discounts for Silver Dollar City, there are a few ways to make the most of your next trip and save some time and money.
For just a few dollars more than a one-day pass, you can order 2-day passes ahead of time – which give you two full days at the park!
Keep in mind though, these are not offered at the gate and must be ordered ahead of time online or by calling 1 (800) 504-0115.
Come and go as much as you’d like between the two parks over the course of 3 days!
Combine your hotel and Silver Dollar City tickets together in one of the vacation packages we offer – and save time and money!